The Ansaldo was an Italian automobile manufactured by the armaments concern Gio. Ansaldo & C. from 1921 to 1931. The company entered car manufacture with an OHC 1,847 cc (112.7 cu in) inline-four engine model which could develop 36 bhp (27 kW) at 3600 rpm. A sports version with 1,981 cc (120.9 cu in) engine was offered, as was a six-cylinder version of 1991 cc; later six-cylinders were offered with engines of 2179 cc.
Among the company's last cars was an OHV straight-8 of 3,532 cc (215.5 cu in). Ansaldos were generally of good quality and modern design, and competed in many races. When Wikov began manufacture in Czechoslovakia in 1928, they built the 1,453 cc (88.7 cu in) Ansaldo Tipo 10.
At the 2015 Antwerp Concours, a Tipo 4A 2 seater with Stevens & Son Coachwork was present. The car has a 1.580 cc 4 cilinder witha single over head cam. This is one of approximately 25 left. For 50 years this car stayed with its last owner in New zealand and Australia, now it is in the Netherlands.